This is Day 1 of my new course - Innovations in E-Learning. Our first activity is a 10 question quiz. It's very much an "ice-breaker" so that students can get used to working together.
I'm in Lesley Shield's Tutor Group for the course, and in this activity I'm in Group C with:
Esther Bartmann
Fiona Hevey
Dominique-Alain Jan
Theodora Kyriakou
Yoshiko Terada
These are the questions, and my initial thoughts that I've added as part of a post:
1. What online services are provided by the Open University Library and how do you expect to use them?
NS. I could answer this quite easily if needs be.
2. Name two online journals related to elearning that provide full-text articles on an open site. Are the articles peer-reviewed before publication?
NS. I could answer this but would need to do some double-checking.
3. What websites do you know that specialise in information about elearning and in what ways are they useful?
NS. I could answer this quite easily if needs be.
4. What is Wikipedia? Name three different ways you can get involved with it.
NS. I could answer this quite easily if needs be.
5. Name two email distribution/discussion lists on matters related to elearning, mobile learning or computer-mediated communication in education. If you are a member of such a list, how useful do you find it?
NS. I could answer this but would need to do some double-checking.
6. What is the Library’s SAFARI and who do you think would benefit from using it?
NS. I could answer this quite easily if needs be.
7. What is Lyceum and how does it enable Open University students to communicate?
NS. I could answer this quite easily if needs be.
8. Name two good resources on online etiquette (netiquette). When were these resources created and why?
NS. I could answer this but would need to do some double-checking.
9. Name one type of software developed by the Open University’s Knowledge Media Institute and explain briefly how it is used.
NS. I could answer this but would need to do some double-checking.
10. Find the Open University’s OpenLearn website. Who might use OpenLearn’s LearningSpace and LabSpace?
I've moved my blog
-
I've moved my blog to http://emmanugent.wordpress.com/
I've been testing differnt blog suppliers and prefer this one. If you are
following me, please chang...
17 years ago
No wonder you don't need twitter I can follow you here! :)
ReplyDelete